Join the Team at Family First Legal Group!
Who We Are
We are Family First Legal Group. We are one of the top 500 fastest growing law firms in the nation and one of Inc. 5000’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. We help families successfully navigate their Family Law matters (Divorce, Custody disputes, Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements, Stepparent Adoptions and much more). And there are countless families that need our continued support. Our team is made up of the most talented legal professionals in the state and we pride ourselves on hiring only the best.
What We Are Looking For
We are searching for a Legal Assistant with superior work ethic, drive, and ambition to own the Discovery Coordinator role at our Firm. This role includes extensive legal assistant responsibilities, most importantly, collecting, organizing and maintaining Client financial records and requirements to comply with Discovery requests. The ideal candidate will have computer and typing skills, previous law office and/or financial/banking experience, and a can-do attitude while juggling shifting priorities.
- Collecting, scanning and organizing financial documents provided by Clients
- Drafting/compiling Discovery requests such as Certificate of Compliance with Mandatory Disclosure, Request for Production and Interrogatories
- Handle communication with clients including meeting with Clients to witness and/or notarize documents
- Scanning/filing and electronic file management
- Printing, collating and binding hearing and trial binders
- Accepting client payments (cash, check and credit card)
- Handling of reception/front desk, as needed
- Proven working experience as legal assistant is preferred
- Familiarity with law, legal procedures and court system a plus
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to follow specific and detailed instructions in oral and written form to meet the needs of the role
- Organize and prioritize duties using good decision-making to meet daily deadlines
- Excellent people skills and the ability to relate to and connect with clients and staff
- A positive, outgoing, and caring demeanor, no matter how busy
- Motivated by job challenges and personal growth
- Flexible to grow and adapt to the job as the law firm grows
- Superior client service abilities
- Takes initiative and anticipates upcoming needs
- Possess a good sense of humor
- This is an in-office position at our Naples office location
- At least one year of office experience (prior legal experience is preferred)
- Tech savvy with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Google applications
- Proficient with Google Applications (Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Calendar)
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter (with salary requirements) to email@example.com. Please include in your cover letter answers to the following questions:
- What has been your most satisfying professional experience?
- What parts of your past work do you least like to do?
- What parts of your past work do you most like to do?
- What interests you the most in this position?
- Why are you interested in working for a family law firm?
- Why should you get this position?